We are delighted to kick off our ‘Recipe of the Month’ for our 1st Birthday at MANSAM Magazine.
To start us on our culinary journey Cipri Italian at Paddington shares with us one of their signature dishes – enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 3kg of Swordfish neck bone with some meat still attached
- 750ml tomato passata
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50g sliced pitted green Sicilian olives
- 20g salted capers (wash salt away)
- 500g spaghetti (Chitarra variety if available)
- 200ml white wine
- 6 sprigs of fresh oregano
1. Heat half the oil in pan. Fry off the Swordfish bones, add white wine and evaporate slowly.
2. Strain all the bones/meat, discard oil and clean the pot.
3. In cleaned pot, add remaining half of oil, add garlic, add bones/meat and tomato passata.
4. Season with salt and pepper and allow to slowly simmer for 1.5 hours.
5. Remove all bones/meat from the sauce, when slightly cooled down remove meat around the bones and add meat back to sauce. Discard the bones.
6. Boil the pasta until al dente.
7. Add olives and capers to sauce, add cooked (strained) pasta to sauce, stir well and add 3 sprigs of oregano.
8. Continue to stir for another 1 minute.
9. Serve garnished with remaining 3 sprigs of oregano.
Smell the Mediterranean and enjoy!